In the same way as our iOS and Android app, our Apple TV app is called Curzon Player and acts as your personal library of independent films. It's totally integrated with the MY FILMS section of your Curzon Home Cinema account so all the films you've selected to rent via the website can be seen and viewed on your big screen via the app on Apple TV. You can view the film synopses and utilise the same pause and playback functions that the Curzon Home Cinema website and TV app service offer.
this app is a stand alone player and therefore does not require airplay compatibility. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UTILISE AIRPLAY BETWEEN THIS APP AND YOUR OTHER APPLE DEVICES.
How to get Curzon Player on your Apple TV:
- You will need a 4th Generation Apple TV in order to access our app. 4th Generation boxes are from 2015 onwards, they are a black box with black remote and they are loaded with the App Store. Find out here how to identify your model.
- Enter the App Store on your Apple TV. Click upwards on your remote until the title bar at the top of the screen is revealed. Navigate to the 'search' option and enter 'Curzon' into the search bar. Look for and click on the orange Curzon Player icon, as above. This will open up the orange app information page. To download the app to your device simply click on the downwards arrow 'Get' icon.
How to rent and watch a film using Apple TV:
- If you haven't already, you need to register for a free Curzon Home Cinema via our website. Follow these simple steps.
- Browse the films on curzonhomecinema.com, select the film you want to watch and go through the purchase process. Once payment has been confirmed the film will be added to your Curzon Home Cinema library, the MY FILMS section.
- It is due to Apple licensing restrictions that customers are not able to browse or purchase films directly via the app on Apple TV.