The app for Apple and Android is called Curzon Player and acts as your personal library of independent films on the go. It's totally integrated with the MY FILMS section of your Curzon Home Cinema account so all the films you've selected to rent can be seen and viewed on your mobile device. You can view the film synopses and utilise the same pause and playback functions that the Curzon Home Cinema website and TV app service offer. The only difference is that now you can watch your rented films at any time, anywhere! Same great Curzon curation, your choice of films, your time and place.
curzon player is not compatible with Airplay; YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AIRPLAY FILMS FROM THIS APP BETWEEN APPLE DEVICES AND YOUR TV.
curzon player is available on apple tv - 4th generation boxes and beyond.
CURZON PLAYER FOR IOS AND ANDROID IS compatible with google chromecast.
How to get Curzon Player - your library of films on the go:
- If you haven't already, register with Curzon Home Cinema online and follow the simple steps to rent a film of your choice to your Curzon Home Cinema library, the MY FILMS section www.curzonhomecinema.com
- iOS users then need to visit the Apple App store and download the Curzon Player app, the most recent iOS app version is 1.5.1 . Android users can download this from the Google Play store, the most recent Android app version is 1.5.0. Look for the icon above.
- Open the Curzon Player app on your device, then follow the instructions and sign in using your Curzon Home Cinema registration details.
- Once signed in to the Curzon Player, you will see MY FILMS at the top of the screen. This is a direct reflection of your MY FILMS library on Curzon Home Cinema website and/or TV app. Now you have access to your library of rented films and can enjoy them anywhere! Click the arrow to start watching films or click the title to see the film synopsis and info page. Please remember you will need to be connected to the internet because, in the same way that the website and TV app work, the films are streamed and not downloaded to device.
- You will be able to search and purchase films via your mobile web browser but you will need to have downloaded Curzon Player in order to watch films on your device. If you have not downloaded the app you will see the below screens pop up. Please follow the simple on screen prompts to install Curzon Player.
- After you've watched your film, you can use Curzon Player to explore the latest films showing in Curzon Cinemas. The link is on the Options tab, this is icon in the top right corner for iOS users and the top left corner for Android users.