Paywizard e-wallet payment method will be removed from 23 May 2017.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we've listened to our customers and are excited to shortly* launch our new easy-to-use secure card storage feature. As a result, the Paywizard e-wallet payment method will be removed from the service on 23 May 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to support our customers through this transition period.
*Card storage function will be launching across our TV apps on 24th May 2017. It will be coming to the website later this summer.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR EXISTING E-WALLET HOLDERS?
Our advice is to simply use up your remaining balance and not to top up funds between now and 23 May 2017. You can call Paywizard customer service team at any time to close your account. Accounts can only be closed by contacting Paywizard directly due to data protection and security.
Accounts that are not closed will be subject to charges. Contact Paywizard on 0344 855 7888 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm).
More information below:
+ can i still use my e-wallet to pay for rentals?
+ what other payment methods are available now?
• If you use Curzon Home Cinema via Amazon Fire TV, then you can log in to our TV app and link your amazon.co.uk account to the payment function allowing you one-click payment.
+ if i close my e-wallet, will i have to enter my card details every time i pay?
• Card detail storage function will be launching on our website later this summer. So in this interim period, yes you will be required to enter your card details each time you rent a film via our website. Some website browsers do give you the option to save your card details via their service and so will auto-populate the payment fields for you at check out but please be advised that Curzon does not cover this in our Terms and Conditions.
• When the card storage function is live, you can choose to save your card details to enable quick and easy payment. It will be fully secure and PCI compliant. However if you prefer not to store card details on your Curzon Home Cinema account, then you can elect not to save them and enter your card details each time at point of purchase.
+ when is card detail storage launching?
• Card detail storage function will be launching on our website later this summer. We will keep you up to date on developments via our newsletters and here on our help centre pages.
• When it launches, this simpler way to pay will be fully secure and PCI compliant. However if you prefer not to store card details on your Curzon Home Cinema account, then you can elect not to save them and enter your card details each time at point of purchase.
+ how do i close my paywizard account?
• Note: Accounts can only be closed once the balance is at £0. See, 'Are there any fees involved in closing my account?'.
• To check your account balance, login to your Paywizard account here . If you've forgotten your password you can request a reminder on the login page.
+ are there any fees involved in closing my account?
1. Close the account and withdraw the remaining balance, at a cost of £1.50.
2. Close the account and leave the remaining balance; if the balance is less than £1.50 then it will automatically be kept by Paywizard as a withdrawal fee, leaving your balance at £0. At which point your account can be closed.
• We recommend using up your remaining balance as best as possible, then calling up Paywizard to confirm you want to close your account. Call the Paywizard team on 0344 855 7888 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm) .
• Accounts left 'dormant' are subject to charges, see 'What happens if I don't close my account?'
+ what happens if i have less than £1.50 in my account?
• If you don't close your account, it will become subject to charges. See next point.
+ what happens if i don't close my account?
• After 12 months of not using your account, e.g. 23 May 2018, your account will be deemed 'dormant'.
• Dormant accounts are subject to charges: £1.50 will be taken from your remaining balance every month after being classed as 'dormant'. The charge will be taken each month until your balance reaches £0.
• If your remaining account balance after the first dormant 12 months is less than £1.50, your remaining balance will be kept by Paywizard. Your balance will then be £0.
• Once your account balance is at £0 it is no longer subject to charges. However, your details will remain with Paywizard and the account will still be live until you call Paywizard to close it.
• We recommend using up your remaining balance as best as possible, then calling Paywizard to confirm you want to close your account. You can close your account at any time, call the Paywizard team on 0344 855 7888 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm).
+ How do i contact paywizard?
• You can login to your mypaywizard account here.
• For more information, please see Paywizard Terms & Conditions.
+ how do i contact curzon home cinema?
+ ABOUT PAYWIZARD
• All funds deposited with PayWizard are held securely by PayWizard and NOT Curzon. The contract is between the customer and PayWizard. For PayWizard digital wallet credit uploads, the following options are currently accepted: VISA, Mastercard or Maestro.
• The PayWizard e-wallet requires a minimum top up balance of £5 if done via the Curzon Home Cinema website, or alternatively customers can log-in to their PayWizard account by visiting www.mypaywizard.com where they can top up as much credit as they like from a minimum of 50 pence.
• Customers can also remove funds from their PayWizard e-wallet. You will need to go to your account (via www.mypaywizard.com), select the ‘Account’ tab and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Withdraw’. Please note that customers will be charged a £1.50 withdrawal fee.
+ PAYWIZARD FAQS
Unknown Error / Authentication Failed Error MessagesPlease ensure your credit or debit card is registered in the United Kingdom. At this time, PayWizard are unable to accept American Express.
If you encounter any problems with PayWizard, please get in touch with the PayWizard customer service team directly. You can do so by clicking here. Also, please ensure you are using Curzon Home Cinema within the United Kingdom or Ireland.
PayWizard account not being recognised?
Please ensure you have not used any special characters in your PayWizard password. We advise customers to use passwords with only letters and numbers.
Additionally, PayWizard passwords are capped at 20 characters. If you have more than 20 characters in your password, we advise you to reset it. You can do so by accessing your PayWizard account.