We are very happy to announce that Curzon Player iOS and Android app is now compatible with Google Chromecast. Please follow these steps to cast your rented film from your mobile or tablet to your big screen!
N.B. The following instructions and Chromecast buttons will only be available if you already have a Chromecast device and it is on the same wi-fi network as your mobile or tablet.
How to cast your films to the big screen:
- Firstly, make sure you have the most recent version of Curzon Player app. The most recent version is 1.4.1 . You will be able to update your current version via the Apple App Store or Google Play on your device.
- The first time you open up the new version of the app, you will see this tip displayed:
- Press the cast icon in the top right hand corner of the screen to display the available Chromecast connected devices:
- Once the device has connected, the cast icon will turn red:
- The following screen will be displayed on your connected Chromecast device. This indicates that you are now set up to Cast:
- To begin playing your chosen film, press the red 'play' arrow as usual. If Chromecast is connected correctly, then the Chromecast 'mini controller' will be shown along the bottom of the screen and from here you can Play and Pause the film whilst it's playing:
- The film will start playing on your big screen device as shown below:
- Press on the 'mini controller' to display the 'full controller'. Via the 'full controller' you are able to: Play and Pause the current film, Seek by dragging on the seek bar, Adjust the volume by dragging the volume bar and Skip the adverts (if a skip button is shown):
- You can also connect to a Chromecast device from within the app video player. You will see the cast icon in the top right corner of your screen and pressing on it will display your device options:
- Once the Chromecast device has been connected, the film will resume playing from it's current position and the app will show the 'mini controller':